About Dance Classes
City of David Dance students learn what God's Word says about the correlation of dance and worship. This important foundation is at the forefront of all our selections for ministry and teaching.
A portion of the weekly class is dedicated to Bible study and worship. Students learn technique in the dance genres of ballet and lyrical. The hour and a half classes will also concentrate on technique in jazz and contemporary dance styles. This varies to fit with times in which we focus on specific ministry pieces.
The following attire is required for all students:
- Short sleeve or spaghetti strap, solid black, leotard
- Any ballet skirt
- Ballet pink tights
- Pink leather or canvas ballet shoes (not bedroom shoes)
- Black jazz shoes for 1 1/2 hour classes
- All dancers may wear black jazz pants over leotard and tights for class and rehearsals.
- Students 12 and up may wear solid color or Christian-themed t-shirts over their leotard for class and rehearsals. (No revealing or inappropriate t-shirts allowed.)
If you have black leotards, black jazz pants, ballet shoes, or jazz shoes that your child has outgrown, please consider bringing them to the first class to donate or sell (for a small fee) to younger dancers.